Synchrony Bio believes there is significant opportunity to achieve consistently superior investor returns in early-stage biomedical and life science ventures. Our model is specifically designed to overcome historical gaps and challenges in the medical device and diagnostic ecosystem. Synchrony’s model is built on 3 pillars: seasoned talent, staged investment capital, and process efficiencies. Alignment of all three is critically important for medical device and diagnostics ventures, where margins for error are very thin.
Synchrony’s extended network of experts includes professionals with deep experience and diverse backgrounds (i.e., our “seasoned talent”). Their direct involvement was instrumental in crafting Synchrony Bio’s model and continues to drive our processes. Importantly, these industry professionals bring clear understanding of the challenges and opportunities for medical device and diagnostics ventures.
- Seasoned Talent – Comprehensive, coordinated and engaged
- Access to high-quality early-stage deal flow
- Early Market Analysis and Industry Insight – Obtaining early voice-of-customer data is essential, along with understanding what the industry wants and needs, especially prospective strategic partners.
- Robust Due Diligence – Identifying companies with truly unique technologies that address important unmet needs and a clear path to strategic partnering and acquisition.
- Efficiency of Time – Ensuring maximum value is extracted from every hour of coordination between expert, investor, entrepreneur or other stakeholder.
- Efficiency of Capital – Keeping portfolio companies’ use of funds laser-focused on achieving milestones that add value.
- Leveraging synergy within and consolidating resources across the portfolio.
- Supporting pursuit of alternative markets and commercialization strategies to drive validation and revenues prior to regulatory approvals.